Knowledge of accounting and finance is an essential and useful business skill, both for those wishing to merely understand the function, and those wishing to progress to professional status. On this foundation degree you will have the opportunity to learn how to prepare and analyse financial information, in order to make effective business decisions in areas such as performance evaluation, capital expenditure and raising finance. You will also consider these issues and how they sit within the workings of the stock market and the legal constraints of the professional accounting system.
Students on this course will have the benefit of the College’s close working links with the progression programme (the BA Hons on Accounting and Finance) at Plymouth University. Students who study the foundation degree often acquire a higher average mark on completion of their full degree than those who chose the traditional degree route.
The well-qualified, supportive and committed staff teaching staff on this course are from industry and have high-level accounting qualifications to equip students with the vital skills that will enable them to flourish in the work-place.
Students wishing to attain professional status could be awarded up to seven exemptions from professional bodies from the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) following successful completion of this course.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the final year of the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance or Business Administration degrees at Plymouth University
- the second year of other business related degree programmes at Plymouth University
- the second or final year of business degree programmes at a range of universities
- a wide range of careers in business, management, personnel, marketing, finance, accounting and public administration.
- for international students with English as a second language, they can also progress onto the Business Management with Business English degree at Plymouth University.
For those students wishing to attain professional status the course provides some valuable exemptions from accounting exams awarded by professional bodies including ACCA and ICAEW.
We welcome applications from those who have all of the following:
- 80 UCAS tariff points (tariff points can be obtained from any eligible course – for more details see the UCAS tariff tables here)
- Four GCSEs at grades C or above, to include English and mathsor
- equivalent qualifications
- relevant work experience.
Should entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
This degree has been developed for those students who wish to learn and develop accounting, finance and managerial skills and is focused on achieving employer and student congruence whilst taking the students to the next level. Please also note that those students wishing to attain professional status could be awarded up to seven exemptions from professional bodies from the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
Are there any exams?
Modules are assessed by a mixture of coursework, in-class tests and examinations.
Powered by Facebook Comments