What’s it all about?
Based at dBs Music’s multi-million pound recording complex in the city centre of Plymouth, this course focuses on the technical and creative skills required to become a successful music producer and sound engineer.
Alongside the main qualification, you will also work towards gaining industry recognised Avid Pro-Tools certification, giving you a competitive edge in the employment market. You’ll study both the artistic and scientific elements associated with professional sound recording and production, and develop skills in sound engineering and production methodologies.
This comprehensive look at everything from digital recording and sound sampling is taught using industry standard equipment, by professionals who are actively involved in the industry.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the BA (Hons) in Sound and Music Production degree at Plymouth University
- the second or final year of an honours degree in a related subject at a range of universities
- work at entry level as a member of an audio production team.
We welcome applications from those who have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and maths and one or more of the following;
- 180 UCAS tariff points
- a BTEC national award in a related subject
- a 14-19 advanced diploma
- an advanced Apprenticeship
- an NVQ level 3 in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Are there any exams?
Modules are assessed by a mixture of coursework, in-class assessments, presentations, examinations, class tests and projects.
Powered by Facebook Comments