The Level 2 Diploma develops a broad range of practical and academic skills. Students learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
All students take the four core units which include:
- Business Purposes which aims to give the student an understanding of the nature of business organisations and the business environment in which they operate. You will do this be looking at the range of organisations that exist locally, regionally and nationally and by considering the business framework in which they operate.
- Business Organisations will help you to understand the aims and objectives of business organisations and how they are organised into functional areas to meet their business aims and objectives. Students will do this by looking at examples of local and national organisations and for which information is readily available.
- Financial Forecasting for Business will enable you to understand the financial aspects of running a business. Students will do this through looking at the key concepts used by businesses to manage their money, and forecast their finances for the future.
- People in Organisations considers the part played by people in business organisations. You will do this through a study of job roles and their functions, and consider the different structures of business organisations, as well as considering their own preparation for employment and career planning.
Option units are varied and can include.
- Starting a Business
- Providing Business Support
- Personal Selling
- Promotion and Branding
- Constructing marketing plans
Methods of Study
- Factory visits
- Specialist speakers
- Formal lectures
- Class activities
- Problem solving exercises
Assessment and Coursework
- Practical projects
- Case studies
- Relevant work experience
- There are no external examinations, the course is assessed solely by coursework.
Progression and the Future
With further training or study, learners may progress into Business related careers such as accounting, administration, customer service, finance, IT, personnel, sales, retail, marketing. A Level 2 Diploma gives a good preparation both for employment and more advanced courses such as a BTEC Extended Diploma.
How to Apply
Application forms are available from schools or from the college. For further information please contact Hayley Tucker on 01872 267006
Powered by Facebook Comments