Location: Weeks Centre for Social and Policy Research, London South Bank University, 103 Borough Road, London, SE1 OAA
Date: 19 January 2014 10.00-18.00
Theme: Diverse Publics: Political Plurality, Public Potential?
This is an ESRC research seminar.
This series brings together a range of national and international speakers, varied methodological and multidisciplinary views, including contributions from sociology, social policy, the creative arts and other disciplines to explore and critically engage with issues of diversity. It asks: how does ‘diversity’ compel a (personal, institutional, academic) response from those occupying (non)normative identities? What different, even diverse, forms of (dis)engagement does this produce and/or fail? It seeks to enable dialogue with research users including policymakers, and practitioners working with diverse users.
- Seminar 1: Different Subject, Diverse Strands: Diversity at the (Inter)discipline, 18 January 2013
- Seminar 2: Divisive Realities: Lived Experiences, Diversity Dis-junctures, 7 June 2013
- Seminar 3: Diverse Policies: Colliding Concerns, 26 October 2013
- Seminar 4: Diverse Publics: Political Plurality, Public Potential?, 19 January 2014
- Seminar 5: End Conference Critical Diversities: Policies, Practices and Perspectives, July 2014 (date tbc)
For further information please contact:
Powered by Facebook Comments