Type of Course and Awarding Body
Certificate – NCFE
What’s it all about?
This qualification aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions via the context of gym-based exercise.
On successful completion of this qualification you will be able to gain access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2. You may also choose to study fitness at a higher level.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however you might find it helpful to have already achieved a level 1 qualification.
Are there any exams?
Assessment is by completion of an internally assessed portfolio.
What does the course involve?
This qualification comprises four mandatory units:
- anatomy and physiology for exercise
- know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- principles of exercise, fitness and health.
Plus there are two additional units:
- planning gym-based exercise
- instructing gym-based exercise.
When can I study?
Powered by Facebook Comments