This course is suitable for those with some experience of life drawing.
It focuses on:
• Proportion and measurement of the body, its planes angles and forms.
• Perspective: observing diminishing and advancing form.
• Mark making and tone using different media: pencil, charcoal, watercolour, acrylic, pastel.
• Balance: the centre of gravity.
• Landmarking: noting points of the same vertical or horizontal axis.
• Conception of space.
• Close observation.
Delivery is in the main by individual help, but there are some demonstrations and handouts. Students should bring an A2 or A3 sketchpad, 4-6b pencils and a putty rubber. Paper, charcoal and occasionally other media are provided by the College and included in the fee.
Powered by Facebook Comments