- GCSEs to include a C in English Language
- Highly active, practical course assessed on practical performances, rehearsals and written work (portfolio/actor’s log)
- Year 1 leads to BTEC National Level 3 Certificate (AS equivalent). Year 2 qualification is BTEC National Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma, worth a full A Level
- Requires a strong commitment to rehearsals in free time
- Past students have become actors, journalists, teachers, psychologists, theatre technicians, arts administrators, doctors, architects, found work in films…
Performing Arts is a practical course that focuses on the development of an actor and works on developing and polishing specific actor training techniques within a dynamic and successful Performing Arts Department. The vocational nature of the BTEC Performing Arts (Acting) course means that you will develop practical performance and acting skills by completing projects and assignments which are directly relevant to realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
This course will appeal if you are interested in acting and you enjoy a mixture of active practical workshops and written work. You will be taking part in a variety of exciting practical workshops and have the opportunity to study different genres and styles of theatre.
You will also be producing regular written work, generally in the form of an actor’s log outlining and evaluating the practical skills you are developing, together with a research portfolio.
Powered by Facebook Comments