The Diversity Group School Workshop, in conjunction with Microsoft Limited, offers students the opportunity to make choices about their future career without fear of discrimination.
This unique workshop will give pupils the confidence and boost to believe that they can achieve their desired career whilst focussing on aiming higher within their respective career opportunities.
The Diversity Group Workshop is focussed on Equality & Diversity within the workplace and is predominantly aimed at 14-18 year olds who reside from inner city areas, or those that may have come from a disadvantaged background. This particular age group is important because students will be starting to think about what options they have after taking their GCSE’s and considering what path they wish to take in order to reach their chosen career.
The reason why The Diversity Group School Workshop is so unique is because we provide students with the ability to talk to major employers whilst breaking down stereotypical career paths. We also highlight many different types of careers of which the students may not have considered.
Our workshops are hugely rewarding and we feel are a memorable experience for pupils, providing an inspiring day that is both educational and fun.
What is included in The Diversity Group School Workshop?
The Diversity Group School Workshop is a program which includes many confidence boosting initiatives.
The Diversity Group Workshop includes Career Advice, Interview Role-Playing, and Questions & Answers with employees from different types of organisations with many blue chip companies on hand to talk to the students about careers with them. Companies include Microsoft Limited, Hewlett-Packard (HP), Civil Nuclear Constabulary and many more.
Most importantly this workshop will give pupils the push that they may need into believing that they can achieve and aim high in a successful career.
- Teaching students about Equality and Diversity and the acceptance of others.
- Career Choices – Breaking down stereotypical career paths
- Confidence Building – Building pupils confidence and empowering them into believing that anything is achievable should you believe in yourself.
- Interview Role-Playing Techniques – Helping pupils gain a valuable insight into the skills they will need when confronted with an interview. (Helping them realise that interviews aren’t a daunting experience)
- Question & Answer sitting with corporation facilitator – Giving pupils the opportunity to sit and liaise with the organisation representative available on the day, and giving them the chance to ask any questions that they may have.
- The Diversity Group Directory which highlights many different types of career options.
What You Will Receive
If you choose to take part in The Diversity Group School Workshop Programme, you will receive a box of The Diversity Group Directories. This includes information on Equal Rights, Current Legislation, and Helpful Links for people who genuinely need advise on specific problems as well as Positive Role Models and Generic Job Opportunities regionally and national, from organisations that value diversity.
Request a Media Pack